Just focus and finish writing the damn book, I said to my girlfriend as she continued to give me 100 reasons why she felt she was stuck in life.
The fear of uncertainty can sometimes cripple you and stop you from achieving your biggest goals. This fear of success is very common just as much as the fear of failure.
We often wonder if we can withstand the pressures, obligations, scrutiny and other unknown elements that success may bring. We many wonder if we deserve the success. Well I am here to tell you that YES you do!
Do you fear you may be found out as a sham or a fake that doesn’t belong in the same field. as other successful people. Do you sometimes ask yourself “What if…?”:
- I can’t handle the stress of success
- I can’t deliver on my own or others’ expectations
- Once I accomplish this I still feel unfulfilled or unhappy
- I don’t deserve the success
Don’t let these fears disrupt your chances to reach your full potential. When you suffer from fear of success you become stagnant, confused at times and feel a loss of motivation. You adopt a constant negative attitude and become unable to make a decision or even handle challenges. Then the self-pity, self-doubt, and low self-esteem sets in.
You don’t have to stay stuck in this cycle of fear. The following steps can help you change your habits and challenge your fears:
- Accept the fact that you are scared and that most people are at some point in their lives.
- Think of what makes YOU special and accept that you are accomplished, talented, and deserving in your own right.
- Accept when others admire you, compliments you and recognizes you for your accomplishments.
- Embrace those in your circle who challenge you to change and do better and not those who join your “pity party”.
- If you feel you may need more expertise in anything you want to do try taking a continuing education or online course to expand your knowledge base.
And always remember that no one knows it all and that success is only a state of mind.
Julie is a published author, blogger & website designer
Website Design Page: JW Business Start-Up Solutions
Stay connected with Julie: