The New Year is here! Do you get frustrated around this time of year thinking about all the things you’d like to change in your life. You make resolutions and promises to yourself. Maybe you’re going to start a new business, adapt healthier habits, write a book, get rid of clutter, pamper yourself more, take a vacation, pay off debt or even surround yourself with more positive people/experiences.
We feel excited and ambitious when the New Year comes along but somehow after a few weeks in we lose our momentum and slip back into our old habits. You end up feeling like you have failed before you start. Why is that?
We always seem to make goals but somehow never develop the necessary actions to make those goals a reality. Along with setting goals we must also come up with a system or plan of action or another year will pass us by unfulfilled.
One of the top reasons people report feeling unsatisfied and unfulfilled is a lack of purpose. And to acquire purpose you must have a plan. In my published book, Creating Your Life Plan: Practical ways to manifest a life you can love and enjoy, each chapter ends with action plans that will assist you in creating the steps necessary to accomplish your set goals. This book will also help you improve your ability to look ahead on the road of life and prepare yourself better now and for the future. You only get one life; why not design it to be the most amazing life right now!
Here are 10 resolutions and action steps to consider when moving towards achieving them:
- Improve physical well-being: eat healthy food, lose weight, exercise more, eat better, drink less alcohol, quit smoking, stop biting nails, get rid of old bad habits
- Improve mental well-being: think positive, laugh more often, enjoy life
- Improve finances: get out of debt, save money, make small investments
- Improve career: perform better at current job, get a better job, establish own business
- Improve education: improve grades, get a better education, learn something new (such as a foreign language or music), study often, read more books, improve talents
- Improve self: become more organized, reduce stress, be less grumpy, manage time, be more independent, perhaps watch less television, play fewer sitting-down video games, get along better with people, improve social skills, enhance social intelligence, try foreign foods, discovering new cultures
- Take a trip: plan a cruise, go on a road trip
- Give back: volunteer to help others, practice life skills, use civic virtue, give to charity, volunteer to work part-time in a charity organization
- Relationships: settle down, get engaged/get married, have kids, spend quality time with family members
- Grow spiritually: pray more, be closer to God, be more spiritual
Julie is a published author, blogger & website designer
Website Design Page: JW Business Start-Up Solutions
Stay connected with Julie: